Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Diet of Worms - Saving Grace (Demo 2013)

[Note: Thanks to the "Splatter Grind Core" blog, from whose page I was able to make everything available here. To put it another way, everything on this page comes from theirs, for which I thank them. If not for them, I wouldn't have had immediate access to this material, so that's cool. As such, I will provide the same links they provide, etc. I dunno, I can't think right now.]


(logo, drawn in ballpoint pen in about 3min)

Diet of Worms came about during my initial studies into Church history (which, for some reason, I started with the Protestant Reformation).
I think there is a tendency for Protestant Christians to begin with the Reformation when they study the history of the Fatih, but it's kind of strange to do so. Obviously, Church history did not begin 500 years ago. But, I digest...

Historically, the 'Diet of Worms' refers to an imperial assembly or gathering, to determine something, or... something. I forget. But, here is the wiki article that explains everything.
It had something to do with Marin Luther, perhaps in effort to make him recant his 'heresy,' or some such thing.

Anyways, to me it sounded cool, like "a diet of eating nothing but worms."
Brutal.
I like double-meanings in wordplay, it's fun.

("Saving Grace" terrible artwork by yours truly)

Genre: Christian Grind/Crust

Download (Mega):

Diet of Worms - Saving Grace (Demo 2013)

2 comments:

  1. This was actually the first of your works I heard, picking it up while randomly scrolling through the SkyBurnsBlack Downloads page.

    I am allowing Splatter Grind Core to add my solo works to his blog later. Though I have it all on my Bandcamp page, the money really doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know what you mean. Having a bit of money might be nice, but it's usually been my philosophy to just make everything available for free anyways.

      Splatter Grind Core is an awesome blog, it's just too bad I don't listen to much extreme music as frequently as I used to (although, I still recently DL'd a bunch of death metal from there, haha).

      Re: SkyBurnsBlack, man, I always forget about Josh! Hope he's doing well, he's a cool dude.

      Delete

Response to JTD's Comment

I couldn't reply to your comment, so I decided to just blog it instead: Thanks man, I appreciate your kind words. Rock on:) Yeah, we ...