Saturday, March 14, 2020

Kenosis - Flutes of the Dungeon (Book 1)

[Note: this is not one of my projects; it is the first installment where I will be presenting some of Noizen's work, which I am posting with his permission. Noizen is a longtime friend, as well as a collaborator with me on some of my projects.]

 
(Kenosis - Book 1, cover for the cassette release on Gondolin Records, linked below.)

Okay, there's is no easy way to say this: Noizen is (in addition to being a literal music professor and academic) nothing short of a musical genius and adept. I actually feel bad for him a lot of times that his work on our collaborative efforts is marred by my own crappy musicianship (lol). 
On the flipside, his contribution on Exalted Saviour's Blood Sacrifice, and work with Salat, is what makes those albums original, imo: his contributions make my music waaaay better, while mine probably makes his worse, haha. Working with him has been nothing short of an honour.
With that being said, let me just emphatically declare that Flutes of the Dungeon (Book 1) is a 'must-hear.' You need this album in your life. 
It's hard to pin it down musically. It's supposed to fall in the 'Dungeon-Synth' category, and it does... except for the fact that it is entirely made with wind-instruments. No synths whatsoever.
And man... it's crazy how easy he made it all seem. 

This album really needs to be heard, I'm reluctant to even describe it. It's beautiful, tranquil, lonely at times, but mostly... joyous? It's just amazing. 
Both the artist, as well as the album, deserve a wider audeince, and more recognition.

Download album at 'Name Your Price' (free or donation): https://kenosis2.bandcamp.com/releases 

Purchase from Gondolin Records (limited edition cassette presently Sold Out):


No comments:

Post a Comment

Response to JTD's Comment

I couldn't reply to your comment, so I decided to just blog it instead: Thanks man, I appreciate your kind words. Rock on:) Yeah, we ...