Friday, February 21, 2020

βαρ†ιστ chvrch (2015)

βαρ†ιστ chvrch was another excursion into electronic subgenre experimentation. Basically, I really wanted to try doing some Witch House, and this is what happened. I used the name 'Baptist Chvrch' because my wife and I, along with some other brethren, had all stopped going to a certain IFB church at the same time.
We ended up half-forming a small home-church gathering, and tongue-in-cheek references to the 'Baptist Church' were not uncommon.

Not surprisingly, I didn't put too much thought into the project name. It's basically used sarcastically, as a bit of joking commentary on how we viewed the Baptst denomination at that time, as basically embodying every negative thing they say about Catholics, but unable to realize it.




$alt Poi$oning - simply me trying my hand at Witch House music, with a strange quasi-religious slant. Actually, I guess it's not so strange, considering the genre. The title refers to a method of abortion.


Untitled - A bit of a mix between Witch House and Black Metal, although there are no guitars on this album whatsoever. I've often thought of putting this album under a more suitable project, but I guess it is more easily recognizable under this project. If I were to move it, out of the 5 people in the world who heard it, the two of them who liked it wouldn't be able to find it. So, with them in mind, I leave it.... 
...until I move it. 

Download at 'Name Your Price' (free or donation):

https://chvrch1.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Response to JTD's Comment

I couldn't reply to your comment, so I decided to just blog it instead: Thanks man, I appreciate your kind words. Rock on:) Yeah, we ...