Friday, February 21, 2020

CrrYxiA (2008-2010)


Crryxia (stylized "CrrYxiA") is a name I put four or five albums under, back in 2010.

The first of these albums was created in 2008 under the name "Tecnal-C," in reference to the prescription analgesic medication of the same name, containing a mix of codeine, butalbitol (a barbiturate), aspirin and caffeine.
Back then, isolated as I was from the rest of society in mind and spirit, I had never heard of downtempo electronica up to that point. Had no idea it even existed. So, getting high on downers for the first time in my life (until that point I had only smoked weed, used alcohol, mushrooms and LSD) in order to cope with depression and a blossoming anxiety problem, and between viewings of "A Scanner Darkly," I decided to craft this album.
I guess it would be IDM, or Downtempo, but back when I made it, I referred to it as "downtronica."


The other three (or four?) albums were composed in a single night in 2010, while under the influence of ketamine.



"Declassified: 2008-2010" contains all of the albums previously mentioned, in one package.
  • Tecnal-C (tracks 1-6)
  • Disco 2012 (tracks 7-10)
  • Lunar Magnetic EP (tracks 11-12)
  • O'Rlyeh? (tracks 13-? read below comment, it also applies here) 
  • Digital Winter (tracks ?-? I'm not even sure if this album is there, but it should be)
Oh well, good enough for now.

Download at 'Name Your Price' (free or donation):

https://chvrch1.bandcamp.com/album/declassified-2008-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Response to JTD's Comment

I couldn't reply to your comment, so I decided to just blog it instead: Thanks man, I appreciate your kind words. Rock on:) Yeah, we ...