Friday, February 21, 2020

Wednes (2005-2019)


(Wednes logo)

Wednes incorporates a great majority of my instrumental synth-oriented/DAW-produced music, going back to 2005.
I only organized it under this name in 2017 I think, so prior to that time, several of the older albums had been released at various times in the past under a few different names (i.e., GODISDEAD, My Dying TS404, and Intra-Uterine Sabbat among others...). Of course, these releases were so obscure as to hardly even be noticed, so I didn't think a name change (or several) mattered too much.

In 2015 I made a Dungeon Synth album called "At Summer's End," for a project originally called 'Skorne.' This album, apparently, is well liked, I'm grateful for that. It has been one of my more popular albums I suppose. 

 (original Skorne logo)

 I had wanted Skorne to be a proper Dungeon Synth project, but when you're a solo artist as disheveled and erratic as I am, your multiple projects start to blend and bleed over into one another. I figured the best thing to do was think of one name, one concept, to unite everything under, rather than have 20 projects of synth-based, instrumental music made in a DAW.

The name 'Wednes' was one I had considered many times over the years, and it fit nicely for the more pagan-oriented, natural concept I wanted the project to exhibit.

Wednes has a lot of variety from album to album, from electronic black-metal, to electro-doom, to gothic elevator-music, there is a lot of material here to be digested.
I'm thinking that I should leave Wednes as it is. There are 9 albums, and that seems a perfect and compleat number to finish a project like this on, all things considered.  

Shout-outs to Ancient Meadow Records, for picking up both "At Summer's End," and "Vael" for physical release on cassette. Links to their site below:

"At Summer's End" at Ancient Meadow Records

"Vael" at Ancient Meadow Records

(At time of writing, I received my package from Ancient Meadow a couple days ago:)

There's a lot more detail to this story, songs and albums being shuffled around to other projects, etc., but whatever. Enjoy the music!

Download albums at 'Name Your Price' (free or donation):

https://wednes.bandcamp.com/



Mediafire:

Wednes - "Northern Earth Grounds Us All" (2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Response to JTD's Comment

I couldn't reply to your comment, so I decided to just blog it instead: Thanks man, I appreciate your kind words. Rock on:) Yeah, we ...