Thursday, February 20, 2020

Hated - Comfort (2014)


Hated is another one-off project that I always meant to do more with. There have been times when I almost released, or half-released, some songs under this project, but in the end they never felt right. One of the reasons for that might be because of the difficulty in following such a strong first album.

I don't really care what anyone else says (although the commentary on this album has always been positive), "Comfort" is one of my best albums. As had become the norm for me at that time, none of the songs were 'written.' Rather, they were constructed as I recorded the album. I'd figure out a riff, and then record it.

(alternate cover)

As a result of 'improvising' my songs and recording so many albums of material in this way, I actually can't remember how to play any of the songs on this record, or the other records. The story of this process would deserve its own separate article though. I'm too lazy to write a book, so this blog is going to have to suffice.

Anyways, back to the album... the influences will probably be instantly recognizeable: Abyssic Hate, Velvet Caccoon, and Dodenstorm, in addition to all the other usual suspects.

Though lyrically based on the Biblical book of Nahum, musically this album is just pure DSBM.

Mediafire Download:
Hated - Comfort (2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Response to JTD's Comment

I couldn't reply to your comment, so I decided to just blog it instead: Thanks man, I appreciate your kind words. Rock on:) Yeah, we ...