Friday, February 28, 2020

Razorwind (2018-?)

(New Razorwind logo, 2020)

The idea behind Razorwind was to make some form of 'Blackened Noise,' although conceptually revolving around the veneration and glorification of Winter (the season, not the band, obviously). 

What I wanted to do was compose original Black Metal songs consiting of the major elements (drums, bass and/or guitar, and vocals). Using this as 'source noise,' I would mix and master each song in such a way as to create a wall of noise with them (basically HNW), hoping to conjure, capture and emulate the sounds, feelings and emotions of being surrounded by a howling snowstorm on a desolate mountaintop.
I hoped to blend all the sounds so as to make them indestinguishable from one another, barely detectable and distant. It was hoped that the listener would 'get lost' in the sounds, occasionally hearing fragmented melodies, refrains and screams among swirling winds, whipping the snow and ice into a malestrom.
(Split album with Tristitia Nigrum)

I forget how it happened exactly, but somehow I ended up sending some of the initial tracks to 'Agrimonia Black,' the main man behind Tristitia Nigrum, and we decided to do a split. 

The three Razorwind tracks from the split are also the first three on the next album, "Grey.Winter.Noise.," although mixed to sound as if it were played on Marshall amps across a glacial chasm in the Antarctic wilderness.

 
(Cover to Motley Crüe's "Shout at the Devil")

I don't know if I'll do anything else with this project, but I've been considering it. I guess we'll see. 

Download at 'Name Your Price' (free or donation):

https://razorwind13.bandcamp.com/

Mediafire: 

Razorwind (first mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Response to JTD's Comment

I couldn't reply to your comment, so I decided to just blog it instead: Thanks man, I appreciate your kind words. Rock on:) Yeah, we ...