Thursday, March 12, 2020

Rotting Serpent - Advanced Systematik Operations for Xristian Terrorism (2012) [Official Bootleg]


(Album cover... cropping is hard)

Well, the righteous dudes at Coleiosis Media have done it again (in a good way). Hats off to them. Some people out there actually collect my music, and I become aware of it once in a while.

Upon hearing that they had "Advanced Systematik..." (the only Rotting Serpent album not on the bandcamp page), I gave them permission to upload it if they wished to, as an 'official bootleg.'

For all intents and purposes, the album strikes me as more of a 'mixtape.' While it was meant to be an album proper at the time, the songs were basically just me playing badly over backing tracks which were songs in their own right (currently featured under Wednes, and level 131).

This was a crazy time period. I was hooked on amphetamines that year, and had probably been up for 3 days at least when I made this album. [Note: That doesn't (and shouldn't mean) that there is any less sincerity in any of a person's spiritual hopes and/or convictions. It is merely indicative of a deficiency.]

I haven't listened to it in years, it's actually embarrassing to me, as I don't remember it being that great. My playing was sloppy (that is, more than usual), and I just remember there being many mistakes.
That isn't to say it's not listenable, I guess it is. But for me, it's one of those albums I only like to hear once every few years, in private, just to see what it sounds like.... usually with face embedded in palm.

But hey, some people like it (surprisingly) and that's pretty cool, from an artists point of view.

These songs are pretty much Rotting Serpent re-interpreting music from: 

Grab it if you like it. 

'Official' Bootleg Download (courtesy of Coleiosis Media):

https://coleiosis.bandcamp.com/album/advanced-systematik-operations-for-xristian-terrorism

No comments:

Post a Comment

Response to JTD's Comment

I couldn't reply to your comment, so I decided to just blog it instead: Thanks man, I appreciate your kind words. Rock on:) Yeah, we ...