Tuesday, March 10, 2020

deCRYPTed - ...When The Dead Rise (2018)

 
(Logo by me; album art, I believe, by Benjamin (ex-Vociferator), if I'm not mistaken.)

Wow, this is one I had forgotten about!

Recorded so very long ago at the start of 2018, this recording is part of a large portion of albums made around this time that I just deleted one day, on a whim.
Those were strange and turbulent days, and saw the start of my alcohol habit. I was still making Christian music at this time though.   
Some semblance of a back-story can probably be gleaned from random anecdotes on other albums featured on this blog, which were created around this time.

Whatever the case, I had totally forgotten deCRYPTed was picked up by Vociferator Entertainment. I figured it had been lost like so many others, when I received an email from 'Coleiosis B.' from Coleiosis Media letting me know that he still had a few of my albums.
That is pretty cool.

Now, about this record: It's weird, pure, sloppy Death/Grind/Crapcore. That last descriptive is apt, because my vocals at points really sound like a constipated walrus... but in a good way.
I relistened to the album earlier, and I'm surprised. For all it's ridiculousness, the vocals are pretty diverse, swtiching appropriately between choked gurgles and growls, walrus-core grunts, moans, and slushy babblings of the random insane. 

The musical portion is probably best described as a guitar (and bass maybe?) interpretation of whatever the vocals are doing. 'Discordant Approximations.' That's the idea behind the style of playing here. The whole thing is chaotic mush. 

Whatever it is, it still exists, and you can find it here, courtesy of Coleiosis Media.

Download:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Response to JTD's Comment

I couldn't reply to your comment, so I decided to just blog it instead: Thanks man, I appreciate your kind words. Rock on:) Yeah, we ...